• mark bowater
    is anyone else experiencing a "Disconnected" error message while trying to connect?
  • David Gugick
    This issue is related to DNS issues we're having with our provider on one of our servers. The problem was supposed to be addressed today, but it appears it's still resolving. DNS settings are currently migrating across routers. I'll report back on the forums when the issue is fully resolved.
  • David Gugick
    Connect should be up and running now. I just checked both Managed and Free and both are working for me. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.
  • Tim Ecott
    Still having issues here. In the UK, local time 19:55. MSP Connect will not 'connect'....
  • BB3
    2:56PM Eastern. Connect PRO still not working correctly. Opened MSP360 "Control Remote Computer" on my Windows 10 Desktop, and was encouraged as I saw that the Red Error Slash had disappeared, and the Green Light and "Ready to Connect" appeared below the icon; however, when trying to connect on multiple remote computers, an Error Message appears immediately (less than 1 second) with a Triangle and exclamation mark, and text stating "Connection was lost" and "OK". Clicking "OK" returns you to main "Control Remote Computer" page, where the same thing repeats with every one of the 6 or 7 remote computers I tried. (Note: 3:04PM Eastern. During the few minutes it took me to make a phone call and then finish typing this message, the Red "Disconnected" Error message has reappeared.)
  • Quennie Cabaluna
    Still has no connection.
  • BB3
    3:30pm Eastern. Connect PRO connection ability has returned; however, "PIN" login option has disappeared and the 5 remote computers I've tried so far now show a screen stating "Another user is already working on Remote computer." with 2 clickable options - "Connect using Windows logon credentials" or "Join an active Windows session."
  • David Gugick
    Those are the only options. Unattended Access using Windows Credentials or Join an Active Session and the remote user can provide PIN or Accept the connection depending on how you set things up at the remote end. You cannot connect to an active session without the remote user confirming the connection for security reasons.
  • BB3
    These are unattended music servers, which are essentially Windows 10 computers. I've been using PIN access for months on all but a couple of them so, MSP360 has in fact been working with just the PIN with no user intervention. (There is no user, keyboard, mouse, or monitor connected.)
  • David Gugick
    you'll have to use unattended access to access those systems. If you log in with the same account that's currently logged in on the remote end or if no account is logged in at all because services are running in the background, you can log with with any Windows authentication account. Some changes were made recently to disallow use of custom passwords to access a remote session without user confirmation. This was done for security reasons as we do not want the product being used to connect to remote systems without remote user confirmation.

If you describe your use case in a little more detail that might help us as we flesh out the roadmap for the product going forward. Also let me know what edition you're using, Free, Pro, or Managed.
  • BB3
    Thanks for your response. I purchased Connect PRO several months ago specifically for the ability to have unattended access, which was removed from the free version (with no advance notice, as you are aware.) Using the PIN previously provided very quick login; however, both of the alternate methods have issues. In fact, the "Join an active Windows session" option no longer works at all...and always states "PIN is invalid" (even though the PIN we set is the same as the Windows logon password). The "Connect using Windows logon credentials" option works most of the time, but is incredibly slow and cumbersome and seems to go through all sorts of screen refreshes and messages, and also requires additional steps and clicks before finally getting to the Windows desktop. However, this method is not 100% reliable and sometimes the connection attempt must be repeated several times before the login is successful. (I'll try to send another message tomorrow with more details about my specific use...if things don't get too weird too fast with the hurricane.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment